Information / Legality
- French and European legislations doesn't contain any specific clause for miniature replica weapons; they do not belong to any category. They are toys! However, for transparency sake and to reassure customers about the purchase legality, AAM applies the same sales restriction as that in force for functional collectors' weapons (category "D"). AAM refuses to sell miniature replicas to minors, even if this is permitted under the laws of their country. Only an adult over the legal age may purchase a miniature replica on the AAM website. The customer declares on his honour to be an adult.
French legislation stipulates that antique weapons (full-scale) produced before 1900 belong to category "D". A weapon of category D can be bought and held freely. However, there are restrictions, particularly with regard to sales to minors. Carrying or transporting a category D weapon without legitimate reason is prohibited.
Miniature replicas of AAM firearms predate the year 1900.
Category "D" also applies to weapons and launchers whose projectile is propelled in a non-pyrotechnic manner with a muzzle energy between 2 and 20 joules, and ammunition for these weapons. (For example, paintball thrower, air rifle).
Medieval and modern crossbows as well as the Chu Ko Nu produced by AAM have powers well below 2 joules!
Small-scale replicas weapons are not considered weapons in most countries. However, the customer should check the legislation in force in his country before purchasing an AAM miniature.
- Important information:
AAM customers acknowledge that they have been informed of the potential dangers of these miniature weapons and pledge their honour:
- Never aim or point a loaded weapon at a person or animal.
- Never to leave AAM creations at the disposal or reach of underage children without supervision or protection.
- Shoot in a closed and secured room or area to avoid any possibility of accidental injury.
- Only shoot at suitable targets made of absorbent material (dense foam, straw, cardboard). Shooting on a hard surface can cause ricochets!
- Only use quality black powder (factory-made), dosed according to AAM recommendations.
- Only use arrows, bolts, accessories, ropes and cables designed and manufactured by AAM, otherwise crossbow may be damaged and cause bodily harm.
- Only shoot occasionally, AAM artistic creations are not miniature weapons suitable for regular shooting practice.
- Regularly clean and lubricate miniature weapons according to AAM recommendations.
- Systematically and meticulously disassemble and clean black powder weapons after a shooting session.
- Not to use these creations in case of wear or damage to a mechanical part.
- Replace any defective or worn parts before use (repair possible on quotation).